By Claude-Frédéric Robert, President, National Bank Direct Brokerage
The past year
- A completely redesigned Website
- New persona-based experience;
- Improved user experience;
- Easy access to information.
- New trader promotions: New accounts opened and funded with $ 5,000 are eligible to up to 50 FREE trades for one year. A great way for clients to learn how to manage their portfolios with no commission fees.
- Distinctive Service offer upgrade:
- Distinctive Services clients have access to a wider set of benefits and services provided by their Account Manager;
- Commissions for Options were reduced;
- Clients enjoy better interest rates.
- Educational Activities
- Sponsored the ETF trading contest with Horizons for the 7th year in a row;
- Seminars, webinars, special presentations and active presence in trading shows. Events where investors could meet with NBDB representatives to receive training on specific investment topics or to gather information about NBDB’s offers.
- Special events
- Economic dinner featuring National Bank’s renowned top economist Stéfane Marion.
- Options training in partnership with the TMX.
The year ahead
- Redesigned Trading Platform
- Improved features, design and user experience;
- Always-on trading screen that allows clients to trade from any page of their accounts;
- Customized views;
- API ready;
- Market-Q for trading and account overview.
- Digital Account Opening: Simple, automated and paperless.
Claude-Frédéric is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) with a vast experience in consulting and in the financial services industry. Prior to joining National Bank of Canada in 2011, Claude- Frédéric worked for Deloitte on diverse mandates. His different roles have enabled him to develop a cutting-edge expertise in strategy, finance and operations.
To learn more about National Bank Direct Brokerage, visit www.nbdb.ca.