National Bank Direct Brokerage
The past year:
All ETF trades are now commission free
NBDB extended the commission free ETF offering to include American ETFs following the success of last year’s free trading for Canadian ETFs. This permanent pricing schedule allows investors to create a diversified portfolio of North American ETFs for $0.
NBDB reviewed the pricing for InvestCube, the ETF automatic rebalancing service, with a tiered fee schedule ranging from 0.48% to 0.73% depending on the value of assets held.
Promotional and Educational Activities
- Sponsored an ETF trading contest with Horizons for the 6th year in a row with a 34% increase in participation compared to 2016.
- Seminars, webinars, special presentations and active presence in trading shows. Over a hundred events where investors could meet with NBDB representatives to receive training on specific investment topics or to gather information about NBDB’s offers.
- Email Newsletter launched in the winter with contributions from third party experts writing about financial topics and articles related to events and promotions from NBDB.
- Economic diner featuring National Bank’s renowned top economist Stéfane Marion.
- Luncheons held as part of the International Finance Club of Montreal.
The year ahead:
Redesigned Trading Platform
- Improved features, design and user experience.
- Addition of decision making tools.
- Always-on trading screen that allows clients to trade from any page of their accounts.
- Multiple trading tickets ready to be sent at any time.
- Customized views.
- API ready.
- New personae based website.
- Improved user experience.
- Easy access to information.
Digital Account Opening
- Simple, automated and paperless.
Closer Ties with Online Banking
- Single sign on with the bank’s online site.
- Seamless money transfers.
Laurent Blanchard is an experienced manager who has been in the online brokerage industry for more than 20 years. His responsibilities with different brokerage firms have enabled him to develop cutting-edge expertise in the brokerage, information technology, and operations fields.