FCAC – Savings & Investment Section
In this section of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada website, (FCAC) you can find a wealth (pun intended) of information on getting started with investing.
Through this page you can learn about:
- Setting your saving and investing goals
- Government saving and investment plans
- Investing: understanding the basics
- Common types of investments
- Working with a financial planner or advisor
- Investment fees and costs
- Investing: your rights and responsibilities
- Protecting yourself from investment fraud
As a launching point for self-directed investors or folks that are curious about investing, the FCAC is a great resource. It covers important definitions of terms that investors should familiarize themselves with as well as provide tips that also talk about tax considerations, something a lot of other stock market education sites don’t really cover.